Monitor Audio Radius 270 Speakers
Choose Your Options
The Radius 270 houses a precision-crafted Radius driver system of twin 100mm (4”) C-CAM®mid/bass drivers and a 25mm (1”) C-CAM tweeter. Pair with the 225 or 200 for scintillating home theatre audio, or with the 380/390 sub in a discreet two-channel system.
Back in the days before anyone had ever heard of ‘designer’ products and hi-fi came with wardrobe-like enclosures and racks of chunky boxes, Monitor Audio invented the Radius Series of stylish and versatile speaker systems. So radical was the idea that it changed expectations of home entertainment forever. Now, energised by our latest driver technologies, the next generation of Radius has arrived, complete with new models, greater versatility and higher, wider, deeper sound.
The eight-strong model line-up includes still slimmer versions of the 225 centre speaker and Radius One soundbar, together with a new Radius 200 centre-channel for shelf or rack mounting, and two enormously powerful yet super-compact active subwoofers: Radius 380 and 390.
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Front and rear ported reflex design
monitor Audio offer a 5 year warranty with all speakers and subwoofers. The only exception to this electronic products (e.g. Airstream) which instead get 2 year coverage.