- About us
We are a small family run business located in Wrexham
The idea for Acton Gate Audio was born in 1986 when Chris Stubbs retired from teaching.
Chris had always had a passion for HiFi and Music. Finding he had to travel for miles and miles to find a wide selection of equipment and friendly service he decided that he could do it himself closer to home, so close in fact that it was his front room! He quickly outgrew the lounge and found a small yet practical shop on Ruabon Road in Wrexham. This was to be the shop's home for the many years.
Mike (Chris' Son) joined the business in 1991, with father and son working side by side the business grew and grew over the years the followed. As the business grew Andy and Mark came on board and eventually outgrew the old shop, which is when we took on the new premises.
In 2014 we undertook the new project of changing premises, The Swan based in Pen y Bryn, Wrexham closed in July of 2014, We acquired the property in the same month and began a major refurbishment straight away. This involved lots of wood, plasterboard, screws and paint, and of course the challenge of drinking the old stock!
After many hours of drinking we cracked on with the work!
We are now busy and happy in our fully refurbished store featuring multiple demonstration rooms and a large shop floor area.
- Free friendly advice from knowledgeable people.
- Hi-Fi and multiroom specialists.
- Home Cinema experts.
- Expert installation available.
- No obligation site survey and recommendation available.
- Comfortable listening rooms (Booking in advance is recommended).
- Part exchange (Anything is considered - Try us!).
- In store service and repairs.
- Reputable, established manufacturers with better warranties (Up to 7 Years).
- Pre owned bargains (Second hand / Ex Demo equipment).
- Home trial/demonstration (Excludes web/mail order).
Acton Gate Audio, 56 Pen Y Bryn, Wrexham, United Kingdom, LL13 7HY
Shop Opening Hours:
Wednesday - Saturday 9:30 - 5:00
(Closed Sundays and Mondays but you can still email us)
(Tuesdays the shop is closed to allow us to catch up in home visits but we are still accepting phone calls)