Monitor Audio Gold W15 Subwoofer
It may deliver taut gut-churning bass all the way down to a seismic 18Hz, but the Gold W15 is also an intelligent design, featuring an advanced automatic room correction system called LEO™ (Listening Environment Optimizer). LEO simply and automatically eliminates the detrimental bass boost of boundaries and corners through the use of a microphone and test tones. The Gold W15's sealed enclosure and front-firing driver make it easy to install, and calibration from the front-mounted controls and dimmable LED display is simple, even from a distant position. It's equipped with a 12V trigger and remote control with four user EQ pre-sets.
Purer by design, our latest Gold range refines the technology of its award-winning GX predecessor to set a new gold standard for our celebrated high-end speaker line. Equipped with optimised drivers and empowered by the production quality of our world-beating Platinum flagship range, gilt-edged Gold turns another page in the story of Monitor Audio's audiophile speaker family.
Developing the legacy of three award-winning generations, eight new dedicated stereo, centre channel, surround and subwoofer models share a trinity of enhancements including an evolution of the C-CAM® Rigid Surface Technology (RST®) bass cone employed by their Gold GR and Gold GS predecessors; tighter production tolerances for their advanced C-CAM ribbon tweeters, and a smarter more functional grille design. Energised by these upgrades our new Gold range offers greater transparency, consistency and visual sophistication to devotees of sound and style everywhere, leaving you simply to choose the system that's right for your room.
- Ultra long throw 15” C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) driver featuring triple suspension
- Large black anodized 3” voice coil and double stack motor system provides high power handling and low distortion
- Carefully optimized motor system design to reduce heat and improve efficiency
- Powerful 650Watt DSP Controlled amplifier (D2 Audio™)
- Advanced full bridge switch mode power supply (SMPSU) Capable of delivering over 1200 watt peak power
- 12V trigger - provides switching control from A.V amp or processor
- Rigid, 25mm (1”) thick M.D.F construct
- Heavy radial cabinet bracing with separate amplifier partition
- Front mounted control panel for easy access and viewing
- The LEO™ system provides Automatic Room Mode Correction (ARMC) for easy set up and perfect sound quality
- Remote control with 4 user EQ settings
- Selected real wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes.
monitor Audio offer a 5 year warranty with all speakers and subwoofers. The only exception to this electronic products (e.g. Airstream) which instead get 2 year coverage.